Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Christmas in Italy

Just got back from my Italy trip. It was tiring but an adventure nonetheless. Met a lot of new people along the way. Strangers at first but our common love for travelling and the fact that we are living (in Europe) away from the people we love made us friends right away. Specially at a time where you should be with family, Christmas.

Christmas wasn't all that bad. Aside from the drama of missing being away from my family and being torchured by seeing families during the season, I was having the time of my life.

I started in Rome. Stayed there for 5 days. In hindsight, I should have tried taking a train somewhere else since 5 days was too much for Rome. The highlight was seeing the Pope and attending the Christmas Eve mass INSIDE the St. Peter's Basilica. How awesome it that? Thanks to P, for getting me in. The experience was so surreal, words cannot explain. Also followed the Angels and Demons trail which made me feel like Robert Langdon. I Spent 2 days with the merchants of Venice and made an impromptu day trip to the land of  Romeo and Giulietta in fair Verona. I missed out on Pisa and Florence. I should do that next time.

Spent a few hours in Brussels. Checked out the peeing statue and had my hair cut. I have yet to taste Belgian chocolate and drink Belgian beer. Maybe next time.

No comments: