Tuesday, August 19, 2008

When the silence breaks

How do react to this. After months of no communication, the person who puts a prized friendship in question suddenly reaches out? Must I act cold and or grab that opportunity to have back whatever was left in this friendship. I have been telling myself that if there was someone who has changed, it wasn't me. But why did my reaction change. I wont deny that there was still some hurt lingering somewhere between the things left unsaid. I think I am entitled to that. Will I still be there when she needs a friend in me? Ask me again, I'll say yes no doubt. But why is it so hard to do?
I'm loving country music these days. So as faith hill would put it -- I hope she would just cry a little. Lie just a little. Pretend that you're feeling just a little more pain. I gave not wanting something in return so cry just a little for me.
You can pretend it never happened. It leaves me no choice to pretend also until I can fool myself that it never did. But for now, can you just die a little so I would feel just a little less pain? Why don't you just cry a little for me.

No comments: