Friday, October 23, 2009

Grandfather Bartolome

I just realized now how I wish my grandfather was still alive. I never had the chances to appreciate his life until now. You see, he died when I was around 13 years old. When I was young I never got the chance to know him then. Because I was young. Now, how I wish he was alive. My friend C whose father knew my grandfather said that I am very much like my grandfather, and my father. Now I wonder why she said so. But from the little memory I have of my grandfather, I must admit that yes, I think we're alike. I'm just sad he's not around anymore for me to verify that fact. I don't even know what he was like when he was living. How he was with his friends and all. How he was a father. A person. I really wish he was still alive, especially now that I am older and more interested to know my past. I am my father's son. But am I my grandfather's grandson worthy to carry his name?

No comments: