Tuesday, November 17, 2009

First few days in Lille

Hello All,

I'm finally in Lille. Been here for the past 5 days already actually. It's been crazy. Been walking a lot. There are two major things that I need done ASAP. First, that I get enrolled. Second, that I find a house.

So far enrollment is a FAIL. Apparently you need to schedule an inscription appointment online. The slots for these not that much. So I'm still waiting for my turn. Maybe next week I get to do it. Please!!!

As for the lodging, good thing a fellow GEB student told me that I need not be enrolled to apply for a CROUS residence. Voila. I was able to get one today. But before that even happened, I was already panicking that I looked for a place outside the residences. I found one. Out of desperation. At least for the next two weeks. The place was actually nice, I visited it and talked with the landlord and told them my intention to start moving in tomorrow. But now, since I've got CROUS, I wouldn't be needing the private lodging. Although the private one will definitely be much bigger, its going to be very far. The CROUS - Galois residence wont be as big but its closer to the school. And did I mention way cheaper. That means, more travelling money for me!

I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

Patch

No comments: