Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New place like home

Today I finally got my own place. Not to shabby but fits the bill.

Things I like about it
1) Its saves me a lot of money. Rent is 50% cheaper than what I budgeted
2) Its close to school. Literally, just walking distcance
3) I got my own place

I'm annoyed by my faucet at the moment. It drips. I have to have it checked by Mimi, the designated maintenance lady of the building. She might think I have something to do with it. I didn't break it, excuse me.

Had dinner with Iulia from Romania, my classmate who lives on another residence down the street. She's not for globalization/capitalization.

She showed me a shorter way to get to my place. If I knew about that, I wouldn't have walked a mile from the metro with my luggage awhile ago. Oh well. Did I mention it was drizzling when I moved in. Imagine me walking with all my luggage. Hassle. But all is good. I'm just glad I can finally settle down.

Classes got cancelled for tomorrow. I'll do some shopping for my new space. Some things on my list. A water filter, some hangers, detergent, air freshener, bedsheets, pillow, sticky tape, water boiler, few snacks, and some things to make this place more like home.

Until then.

Patch

No comments: