Monday, April 21, 2008

Bulong by Pedro Valdez

Watched Bulong last Saturday at Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street. I intended to go because I read about it on the newspaper last last Saturday. It got me interested because from the article, Pedro Valdez, the director, intended the film for the youth. With the whole orgforward.com thing in the works, I felt that I needed to catch this film to see if its for real. Good thing I remembered the screening since I had an hour to kill before going to mag:net and watch the band my friend L is managing, Bembol Rockers. When I reached Fully Booked, the place seemed like there was no viewing whatsoever, so I just carried on thinking maybe I jumbled up the dates. Funny thing I bumped into two people from college, and they told me that they were about to watch Bulong but couldn't find the viewing place. Since I was killing time, I tagged along until we found the viewing room hidden on the basement of the 5 floor bookstore. Looks like I'd get to watch after all.

The movie was made really well. Great picture, sound, directing, editing, acting, set design, the whole package. It looked like they really spent a lot for this production. I am not an avid watcher of art films, indie films and short films because sometimes I feel that they get to artsy for me that I end up getting lost with what the film is trying to say. Bulong got my mind worked up. In a good way. There were a lot of things going on, and a lot of thinking was spurred up as the movie progressed. The film got me thinking throughout the whole 20min. What does this film trying to say, yada yada yada. Good thing, after the show was an open forum with the director and the whole team. The movie was became clearer me after that. I'm really glad I watched it. It's really perfect for orgforward.com. One of the requests of Pedro for the audience was to help him get the word out thorough blogs and such media. Ting, orgforward! i went up to Pedro right after the viewing and told him that I could help him get the word out. He gave me his contact and we'll see how we can work things with Bulong.

Good thing I bumped into B and G since I was already okay with missing the screening. Seemed like the law of attraction was there to make sure that I be there at the right place and time.

No comments: