Tuesday, April 29, 2008

An invitation to restart

Cuz when we go just so you know
I'll be right here to carry you
Erase the traces
Restart everything, everything new
With wounds to mend
Hearts break but it can rebuild again


I don't know about other people but sometimes I draw spiritual healing from love songs. When I do this, these songs start to play in a different tune. I love it. It becomes so real for me - His love. Jess speaks to me like a persistent lover who only knows how to love me unconditionally. Before I went to sleep 3 nights ago. I played An Invitation by Urbandub, for that purpose. I wanted to hear what He has to say if he could speak to me. I have been through some tough shit in my life. We all do. I have fought battles in this civil war of mine, and so far have come out victorious. But still I have to hold my ground. The battle may have passed but this war is far from over. I know we all have our personal struggles. Our own brokenness. I'm glad that I saw things through with Jess beside me. Reassuring to be there when I fight the fight. His love endless and true, specially in the darkest of times. It was the Coldplay songs that spoke to me then. Dark times. Those songs spoke of my situation and encouraged me to rise above it. Their songs presented a whole new meaning for me. Thank God that right now this battle has ended. I'm starting a new. Though this war is not yet over, I am hopeful that in the end I will be victorious. Jess, I love you. I accept your invitation. I know everything will be made beautiful.

No comments: