Saturday, November 8, 2008

USA 2008


I cant believe that my trip is finally coming to a close. Yes, I've stayed here for a month now, but it doesn't seems that long. Although, I'm ready to go home. I think that I was able to do the things that I planned on doing -- and more. This trip exceeded my expectations and I recommend that everyone should at least try going on a trip like this once in their life. This trip not only got me traveling but also allowed me to reconnect with friends, family and myself. A big chuck of the things I'll treasure throughout this trip are the bonds formed -- old and new. Something significant to put on the books.

Yes, I've fulfilled my dream of going to New York but what's special is that I got more than just that. It's a bit cheesy but I wanted to know myself more throughout this trip. Challenge my independence and be comfortable being alone and being with others too. I did. I got to realize some things I wouldn't even think of because of life got in the way.

The possibility of studying here and taking up an M.A. came up too. An unexpected opportunity that I'll grab and work on once I get back in Manila.

When you reach a certain age, really, we're all the same. Enough of the awkwardness of meeting people older or younger than you. Even people I hardly new. It's surprising how you can make something memorable out of the conversations you have over a dinner or breakfast.

Now was that chance to deepen friendships. No regrets. I am so thankful to God for blessing me with a life that allows me take this trip. Everyone I met here will forever be part of this quarter life adventure chapter of my life.

P J D Ma Me O T C S Pe B L Jo Jh E Ja... Thanks for making this trip the best! I love you all!

2 comments:

Jax said...

I love the photo, Paching! Ang ganda siguro ng kumuha niyan. Haha!

I'm glad you had a great time here in the US. Yes, I believe that, too. That one really needs to step back from his life and assess where he is really going. I'm happy that you were able to do it for yourself.

Hopefully, next time you come to the US, you'll be taking up your MA as well. We can be roomies! Haha!

Paching, I'll link you to my blog ah.

patchdoo said...

Of course! I had so much fun, Jac! Thank you for bringing me around. Love love love it.

I'm starting to work on my MA, and looks like i will be applying to universities in the Westcoast mostly.

I'll link your blog to mine too.