Wednesday, March 26, 2008

In Memoriam: Abby Parong

I found out two days ago that my freshie Abby Parong passed away. I hate it when I receive of bad news like those. It never fails to tighten my lungs a little bit longer than usual.

One of your tasks as a TNT is to take care of your freshman block. It's usually the course blocks, as compared to the english blocks, that you become more close to. More attached to. That was true with my Legal Management block O1. My only legit TNT block and the block where Abby was part of. It's so surreal that most of them, if not all are now a year off college. It seems like it was just yesterday that these totoys and nenes were running around the field for their OrSem GDs, asking me and my partner Jc tips on surviving college, and calling me from far away when they see me on campus. Memories like these make me want to go back to college. There, everything was more simple. Life a little kinder and death a little rarer. In block O1, I remember Abby being one of the more kalog and outgoing freshies. She seemed to be one of the glues of the block as she makes sure that O1 is the wacky LM block that they were. It breaks my heart that death can, yet again, take away people just like that. It's ironic that the she passed away from that car accident on Easter. A life was taken away when we should be celebrating life. Maybe this is the message that Easter brings through this dark time. Abby's death is not the end, it's only the beginning of the new life she now has up there in heaven. For us left here on earth, lets celebrate the life Abby has shared with us, no matter how short it was for us.

I feel sad that I couldn't go to her wake. Now that you are in a better place, I just wanted you to know that you are not forgotten.

No comments: