Friday, March 7, 2008

INSPI(RED) about (PRODUCT) RED

I stumbled upon the GAP website while surfing at work and I came across a particular line of shirts. It looked familiar because I saw these just the weekend before but in a Converse store, and they were marked on shoes. The GAP shirt was red and it had INSPI(RED) on it while the Converse shoe had different (RED) words all over. Like, INSPI(RED) ADMI(RED) DESI(RED) etc. It looked really familiar since I remember seeing a (RED) sign somewhere else. Like on a billboard or poster. But I really don't remember. Hehehe.



Anyway, GAP and Converse are both partners with this movement called (PRODUCT) RED. It's a campaign to help the Global Fund for AIDS. They partner with the private sector. Mostly consumer goods like clothing and electronics. A certain percentage upon purchase of the (PRODUCT) RED product goes directly to the Global Fund, and 100% of this fund is used for AIDS grants in Ghana, Rwanda and Swaziland. Other partners are Armani, Motorola, Apple, Dell, and Microsoft.

Makes me want to get me a pair of those Converse slip-on shoes. Besides, I've been wanting to buy new shoes. This time though, I get to contribute to something bigger than myself.

I'm so inspired about this campaign that I want to start something like it. But of course for a different cause. Which cause? Of course, something that's close to my heart. Something that has to do with the youth/education/leadership/nation building/social change kinda thing. Just now, I felt this rush that made me realize how small I really am. The task to make a difference seems so daunting. But you got to at least try, right? Who knows you just might do more good that you initially expected. It's all in the heart, I suppose.

Learn more about (PRODUCT) RED by visiting their website joinred.com and their blog.

*Can someone buy me that GAP hoodie?

No comments: