Thursday, March 27, 2008

When the fighting is over. At least for today.


Nothing beats a good night out after a stressful day at work and a semi-aching heart. Went to mag:net high street last night to watch a gig with my pals Jo and C. For 150, pesos I was able to unwind and vent out all the stress through music, booze, great conversation and a couple of cigs. Yes. I have broken my fasting from yosi and now consider myself a social smoker. Meaning of social, those boundaries I still need to define. It was such a recharge to hear familiar beats from Urbandub and Taken by Cars. Lalay played all out last night. For that, I crush Lalay even more. Hahaha.

We opted to stay outside so we can smoke. The place was pretty full. Good thing there was an empty sofa by the balcony. Downside was there was a glass pane preventing us from hearing the bands play in their full glory. Also saw my college professor A. I told him i wanted to teach and he told he could help me get in with his recommendation. Yesss. I'll try next school year. By then I should have the program of my elective prepared and syllabus.

It was a worth it night. Totally compensated for the shitty day I had yesterday.

Quote of the night. Nothing worth having ever comes easy. Thanks J and C and Scrubs for sharing those wise words.

No comments: